Skip to main content

Show Me The Way…


As it is very well known about Egyptian people, they are very very… helpful… they can’t leave you without guiding you even if what they say will actually lead you to the wrong way… I remember this day… 9 years ago… when a friend of mine and I were lost somewhere in the streets of Nasr City looking for a company where we wanted to apply for a job… We were fresh grads by then and we were very excited to find a good job where we can prove ourselves… We have been passing through a series of interviews during this week, and finally, the company we thought was one of the best at this time announced it had vacancies. It was summer time, it was very sunny and of course very hot… but all this couldn’t stop us. We’ve been looking for the address for about 2 hours on our feet, till we found some nice looking person to ask about it… and as we are a very well educated and knowledgeable people, he couldn’t say he didn’t know… and we followed his directions blindly… and guess what… as a result, my friend and I spent the week after at home suffering from absorbing an over dose of sun heat… and all this was because I asked him to Show Me The Way.

Mena Mostafa

Comments

Fady Sedrak said…
Welcome to Planet Outside :).

I remember my comment before on one of the "Planet Inside"'s blogs "The Place".

"It is cold there .. perhaps you are alone there .. Is it your planet inside? .. maybe your not alone there .. maybe you should get out of the box .. may be you should start building bridges instead of building walls .. don't be afraid to cross the bridge to the other side .. maybe we can meet there in the 'Planet Outside'".

Is it better out there?
Mena M. Eissa said…
I am still exploring, this is my first day out :)
Ahmed Kamal said…
Congratulations for getting “outside”!

I remember my lengthy comment on the inside version of show me the way. I remember how I felt. A lot of water has passed under the bridge since then.

Welcome to the outside, to our world! The rules here are truly different. I wish you luck.
Mena M. Eissa said…
Thanks for encouraging me, but remember, the inside is the master of all, I will keep it in parallel en sha2a Allah, and I hope I like the outside world :)
Fatma Ali said…
3ady ana fe marra 3amalt keda fe wa7da .. kanet betes2al 3ala share3 2oltelha awel yemen we howa kan a7'er shemal ... bas mesh zanby wallahy ana fe3lan batla7'bat been el yemeen wel shemal ya3ny ana ba3zor el ragel ely tawehkom da akeed kan beietla7'bat been el yemen wel shemal aw yemken been wara we 2odam ma7adesh 3aref. 3omoman ana 3andy mabda2 elly yes2al maitohsh we law tah yeb2a 3eeb user :P
Mena M. Eissa said…
Ok, I forgave both of you :D
Ayat Elshami said…
Hey.. only two posts since this blog started!!! As if you hardly communicate with the world outside...
Unknown said…
3adi 3adi ya menna, da eltabi3i beta3 sha3b masr :D ya3ny 2olayel lama tela2i 7ad ye2olek eno msh men hena aw maye3rafsh
Unknown said…
this is better of asking "show me the meaning". Such a question may have worse consequences

Popular posts from this blog

Why The Planet Outside

I’ve been looking for myself for about 7 months now, and I think that the exploration phase will take longer that what I expected… During these 7 months I tried to understand lots of things, and I did, but still I have a lot more to comprehend as it turned out to be very difficult to know, explore and understand self… Specially that God implanted in us many feelings and many moods and attitudes and surrounded us by different uncountable things and people… and no matter what we do, we will not be able to reach the deep meanings of what we have. It’s been a while I am standing behind a high wall and looking at the outside world through some of the holes in the wall… by time, I discovered that the more important is the relation between the two sides of the wall… I think time has finally come to start looking over this high wall to the other side… to The Planet Outside . Mena Mostafa